Janice Issitt                    Life and Style

travel, interiors, photography, home, crafts, personal style

28 Apr 2017

April Be Home Free

I'm celebrating that my little hashtag #behomefree has reached over 10k posts so a big thanks to all who regularly use the tag and help to make a really beautiful feed, it's been a great way for me to discover new people and I hope that you have too.

April was a month of enormous weather changes from hour to hour, sunshine followed by hail storms, you just didn't know what to wear!

This month our prize is two tea towels from France as we are looking at all things French style here on this blog, leading up to a retreat in Brantome in September, booking is still open for that on the Lush Getaways site so look at my previous post for information.

One of my favourite things is grouping these photos together, these two here were my top favourites, I think @thesefourwallsblog has perfectly captured the essence of outdoor French style dining, simple but inviting, I can hear the laughter around that table.

Rida from @beforeandagain_ took us back in time with a shot she took at Charlecote Park and I just couldn't stop looking at it.



@thesefourwallsblog @beforeandagain_
Outdoors on sunny and moody days, we had bluebells, and so many new flowers to fill our eyes with beauty.  The photo of wisteria from @saffronandsuitcases is screaming French style, taken in Ju-Belloc  I just want to be in that photo with my croissant.


@lewesmap @niki.at.the.cottage @@micolbendel @saffronandsuitcases
 Pastel circles, tea and tart, flowers and butterflies.


@patisseriemakesperfect @lottsandlots @elizaroseshop @makeitinwales
 Simple and still, pale and interesting ...


@thevintagehousethatcould @_apothecary_ @littlegreenshed @alexandradudley



Gosh this was a hard one, but because I was looking for something that I thought had a French flavour, I have decided that the lovely Abi Dare from These Four Walls blog has captured something with memories of warm evenings outside the chateaux, or the gites perhaps.  The Lush Getaways retreat is going to be focused on food and a real culinary experience with antiques thrown in for good measure. If cooking is your thing, then lessons from top chefs and visits to vineyards will surely tickly your palette.


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig